Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Etsy Tuesday: Firefly/Serenity

This week's subject for Etsy Tuesday is in honor of the puppy my parents adopted this weekend:
This is Zoe! (I know the picture kind of sucks--my mom took it). Mom and Dad were asking for puppy names, but they didn't want anything geeky. I managed to slip in Zoe, though, for Zoe Washburne of Firefly fame. Isn't she cute?

For anyone who's interested and in the Chicagoland area, Zoe has three sisters who are also available for adoption: Paige, Rene, and Milynne.

Anyway, on to what you're really here for--Etsy Tuesday!

I really like the leatherwork on this first piece--I think it's beautiful. The contrast between the main background, the lettering, and the background for the lettering is just the perfect amount. It's also one of the most badass geek flasks I've ever seen. But really, the first thing that caught my eye was the craftmanship. This is sold in the shop GrimmSister, which sells a lot of other leatherwork.

$45.00 USD
I don't typically like these Euro-style stickers, but this one makes my inner geek giggle with joy. Maybe it's the appropriateness of putting "shiny" on a car? Maybe it's because non-geeks won't get the reference and think 'well, it would be shinier if you washed it." Either way, this is cool. AND inexpensive. It's sold in the shop NalaSerenity, owned by Kimber McDermott.

$4.00 USD

This pendant is nice and understated. I particularly like that it is bronze, and not another metal. It's the same Serenity symbols as the flask above, but I like the hand-smashed (for lack of a better word--I don't know much about metal work and I like the word smash) imprint of the letters on the circles. This is sold at the store Piece of Shine, run by Cindy Pope.

$30.00 USD
I also like this Wash quote bracelet from the same store.
$35.00 USD
Finally, here's a Shepherd Book print that I like--mostly because I find that the expression on the drawing's face matches the quote perfectly. There is a print for most of the other characters as well (though I didn't notice Zoe or Wash), as well as a print of the group. I'd suggest checking it out, since it also has The Dark Tower and Marvel prints. The shop is Bensmind, run by Ben Smith. They also have multiple-purchase discounts--2 for $30, 3 for $45, and 5 for $75.
$19.99 USD

Well, tomorrow I promise I will put up my review of NBC's new tv show Revolution. I was going to put it up today, but then I realized it was Tuesday--and Tuesdays traditions cannot change. I also have a tube-top tutorial that I hope to get up by Saturday. You might get three posts in a week--craaazy.


1 comment: