Saturday, March 30, 2013

Some Shinies to Share


I was so distracted by International TableTop Day that I almost forgot to post this blog entry! I've been having a great time today--I spent a good five plus hours at my favorite local game store (the excellent and amazingly wonderful The Wandering Dragon. Everyone's so great there, I love it!). Luckily, I came home for dinner and Doctor Who, so I remembered to post this! 

I’m currently home for Easter, and my mom needed some help fixing a few earrings yesterday, so we went to Michael’s to buy some supplies. While I was there, I saw some cute clock and birdcage charms so, naturally, I snatched those up. I will take some better pictures when I get back to my apartment (and my camera), but here’s a taste of the steampucky jewelry that I made.

Birdcage Necklace

I began by selecting two different chains, and laying them so that one was longer than the other. I added the clasp, and then the charms. The heart clock is attached by a smaller section of chain, while the birdcage and the oval gear charm are attached with rings. The beads and clock in the center are attached on a pin and ring. The cell phone pictures don’t adequately represent the detail in the charms, but you get the idea.

Here, you can see the two different chains I chose.
Here's a close-up of the necklace!
Here's a (blurry) picture of the necklace on.

Clock Earrings

These earrings are pretty simple, but I like them a lot. I used a brass clock charm and each of the colors of beads (brass, bronze, and silver). I attached the charm directly to the earring, and then attached the beads to two pins. I then bent the end of the pin around some brass chain, and attached the chains with the beads to the earrings. If you look really closely, you can also see me wearing these earrings on the Wandering Dragon Facebook page!
For some reason, Blogger keeps rotating this and I can't fix it! Aurgh!


Hope everyone else is having a great International Tabletop Day (or just day)! If anyone has any idea how to keep Blogger from rotating my photos, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment