Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crafts

I've been working on some crafts lately, and I thought I would share.

The first is a Nightwing felt doll that I made. I have only two pictures--one of some of the pieces and one of the finished product. I'm in the process of making a Khal Drogo felt doll right now, using a different pattern since I wasn't excited about the way it turned out (as you can probably tell, I am explicitly referencing the neck area. Or lack of a neck area.)

I also hope you enjoy that brief glimpse of my TV on DVD collection.

The second project I've finished is a t-shirt alteration. I took a shirt I bought from the boys' section at Target, cut out the neck, replaced the back, and shaped it into a dolman. I was also looking fat here, so I added a belt.
 Here is the t-shirt in it's original form. With it's original sticker(ing?). It looks like a proper boys' t-shirt.
 Here is a side-view, taken to show the new back.
 Here is the front. I need to go back and cut the neck wider, I think.
And here is the t-shirt on a hanger over my door, so you can better see the cut.

And, because I keep bitching about this, here is the new cosbaby figurine I received in the mail today. I spent about $20 on this Nightwing, and was sorely disappointed when I opened the package. Not only it is incredibly small and not really worth the price, but it barely even looks like Nightwing. It looks like Batgirl dressed up like Nightwing--check out the long hair, the breast-like pectorals, and the fact that the bottom of his torso looks like a skirt. I much prefer the Pop! Vinyl figures, like my Thor figure pictured next to Nightwing (to better show the extent of my suffering).

No comments:

Post a Comment