Saturday, January 14, 2012

New DC Logo Already a Bit Stale...

     In a bit of slightly stale news, I would like to take this moment to rant about the new DC logo. I know that when the current logo was revealed, there was a lot of complaints about it. I know that they expect a lot of complaints about the new logo, as well. But I think that these complaints are completely justified.
    This is the logo for DC Comics. The logo for DC Entertainment, the section of the company for movies and other media, is the same--just substitute "Entertainment" for "Comics". 
     The thing about this logo that is so wrong is that it's completely lackluster. This is the home of Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern--characters that are larger than life. Can they really be represented by a small, gray and white logo? I am not saying that the logo itself is horrible--I like how they combined the D and C in a creative way. However, I maintain that it doesn't fit the company. It would work well for something else--does anyone know of a company called Dawson Construction, or something of that ilk?
     I don't mean to be a bitter fangirl (ok, maybe a little), but I just can't get over how this logo just doesn't fit the image I have of DC--and I'm a little resentful of it. What does everyone else think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment